Teacher Quality and Retention Program - Application Process
Teacher Quality and Retention Program | Program Facts | Application Process | Summer Institutes | Frequently Asked Questions | Contact Us |
Page 3 of 6
The TQRP application process is open to all interested candidates. However, the requirements below are necessary to be admitted into the program for TQRP 2015:
- Current TMCF member-school student or alumnus
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA or Dean’s Recommendation if this is not met (2.75+)
- U.S. Citizen or National/Permanent Resident Status
- Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (Alumnus if currently teaching)
- Education or STEM Major
PLEASE PREPARE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS BEFORE ACCESSING THE ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW.
The system will time out if your attachments and answers are not ready to be submitted in a timely fashion. We recommend preparing your resume to upload and crafting the answers to the essay questions below in a word document, then transferring them over when you are in the application via cut and paste – all before accessing the application.
Resume – the system will ask you to upload this first thing when you create a profile or sign in to an existing profile (for returning Fellows): Your resume should highlight your major achievements in clear and specific language. It should be no longer than one page. Please ensure that the following areas are addressed in your resume:
- Academic Achievement: Include name of degree(s), major(s), minor (s), cumulative GPA, and GPA in major. You should also describe any other academic achievements (thesis, honors program, academic awards, etc.).
- Work Experience/Extracurricular Activities: Include information about your recent work experience and/or involvement in extra-curricular activities. If you have served in a leadership role, describe the nature of your role and the size of the group/team you led. Please also include any specific, measurable achievements and awards (if applicable).
Essay Questions – these will be asked while you fill out the application, so have them ready:
- (100 words max) Where do you see yourself, career-wise, five years from now? What are your long-term career goals, beyond five years?
- (100 words max) Why are you interested in the Teacher Quality and Retention Program?
- (200 words max) Please compose a short, biographical narrative to help us understand more about the following: What makes you unique among other applicants? What are your interests outside of school/work? What qualities/character traits would you bring to the TQRP cohort?
- 2015 TQRP Application – (CLICK HERE)
Note: Please be sure that you write down your Profile Log-In information and keep track of it, as we could ask you to use it to update your information should you be accepted into the program."