- TMCF scholarships are merit and need-based. In addition, the scholarship application process is highly competitive and most awards are limited to students attending TMCF member-schools.
- Occasionally we may offer scholarships to students not attending these schools. These scholarships are indicated on TMCF’s scholarship webpage when applicable.
- To locate additional scholarships that you may qualify for, please visit the HBCU Forever Foundation’s website.
- To receive updates and notifications when new information is posted, follow TMCF on Facebook or Twitter.
- For general scholarship information, including special TMCF scholarships that may arise, please visit your school’s office of financial aid.
Since its inception in 1987, Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) has provided scholarships to qualified students attending its member-schools. TMCF scholarships have provided support to help fund an education at one of our nation's publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
TMCF provides merit-based scholarships to students seeking financial assistance to complete their education. TMCF scholarship recipients are awarded annually to students meeting the TMCF eligibility criteria. Awards are made each semester and are based on a verification process designed to ensure that academic expectations are being met and that there is an unmet financial need.
All classifications of students are invited to apply for a TMCF scholarship.
The scholarship application process is highly competitive and most awards are limited to students attending TMCF member-schools. Occasionally we may offer scholarships to students not attending these schools. These scholarships are indicated on TMCF’s scholarship webpage when applicable.
- Are merit based and applicants must have a financial need to qualify
- Are restricted for payment of tuition, on campus room and board, books and fees
- Are paid directly to the college or university on behalf of the award recipient to be credited to his or her school account
- The average award is $3,100.00 per student per semester
- Most scholarships are one-year, non-renewable unless otherwise indicated
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Attend one of the 47 TMCF Member-Schools
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and service experience
- Be recommended by a faculty or staff member of your current school
Student Support Programs Manager
Thurgood Marshall College Fund
4801 Woodway, Suite 300 E| Houston, TX 77056
p: 713.955.1073| f: 480.287.9632